- Exploit the untapped potential of available GEOSS datasets, i.e. satellite, in-situ, modelling, crowd-sourced, by creating AI-based cognitive search tools;
- Leverage techniques of Explainable AI to develop tangible indicators for Climate Change impacts;
- Contribute to GEO’s new infrastructural feature, the GEO Knowledge Hub, a digital repository providing access to knowledge needed to build GEOSS-driven applications;
- Foster the co-design of Climate Change adaptation and mitigation applications by bringing onboard the decision makers who are working towards the Paris Agreement goals at local, regional and national scales;
- Develop, using co-creation, a set of Climate Change adaptation and mitigation applications in different and quite diverse GEO Societal Benefit Areas, in order to demonstrate the project innovations.
RURBANIVE Project | Official Kick Off: Bridging the gap of Social and Technological Innovation between Rural-Urban areas
On February 15 and 16, 2024, the I-SENSE Group of ICCS hosted the physical kick off meeting of RURBANIVE, a new European research project that aims to enhance rural-urban communities with immersive social and technological innovation.