The Institute of Communication and Computer Systems (ICCS) is ranked in the top list of European Research Institutes being very active in several Scientific and Research Areas, focusing amongst other on the research and development in the field of environmental monitoring and modelling applications. I-SENSE is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the best associates by offering an inspiring and inclusive workplace, in which talent and hard work are truly recognized, developed and rewarded.
You will be a Scientific Project Manager/ Research Associate and support the entire project lifecycle from the initial design to the development and demonstration phases, primarily in the field of environmental monitoring and modelling applications as well as environmental engineering. You will also be required to research new and emerging technologies in the field as well as technology trends beyond the state of the art.
Day to Day:
- Support coordination/management activities for EC-funded and national R&I Projects.
- Extract Business Requirements, Consolidate System Requirements, Architectural design, and contribution to the Implementation.
- Research, Design and Contribute to the implementation of sensing solutions, environmental modelling frameworks, and algorithms.
- Reporting on both technical and management level on the projects on the level of deliverables, technical and management reports.
- BSc/MSc degree in Electrical & Computer Engineering or similar degree.
- 2 years of experience with designing, managing, or implementing projects related to digital solutions for environmental monitoring and impact assessment, climate change mitigation and adaptation and Nature Based Solutions.
- Basic knowledge of technology trends in sensing, cyber-physical systems design, modelling and simulation methodologies and/or digital twins.
- Fluent oral and writing English skills.
What makes you stand out:
- MSc or PhD in any related topic
- Having participated in the proposal writing and/or implementation of Horizon research projects
The I-SENSE group offers a great career environment in applied research opening the employers’ horizon to an international career. The employee would have the opportunity to work in an inter-disciplinary group while cooperating with major research/academic institutions and well-known companies in Europe and beyond. The positions offer:
- Competitive salary
- Continuous learning (with the most modern methods)
- Interesting and challenging work within large-scale projects
- International dynamic, fast-paced working environment
- Opportunity to work in a diverse, friendly, and creative environment with talented colleagues.
- A clear path of progression, tailored to your talents and ambitions.
- Opportunities to travel abroad.
The CV and application must be submitted via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please call at +30-210-7723865