The Institute of Communication and Computer Systems (ICCS) is ranked in the top list of European Research Institutes being very active in several Scientific and Research Areas, focusing amongst other on the research and development in the field of environmental monitoring and modelling applications with exploiting heterogeneous data from Earth Observation and In-situ systems. I-SENSE is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the best associates by offering an inspiring and inclusive workplace, in which talent and hard work are truly recognized, developed and rewarded.
You will be a Research Associate-Data Scientist/Engineer and support the implementation of projects from the system design to the development and demonstration phase, primarily in the field of Earth Observation and In-situ systems.
The successful candidate will be expected to explore complex Earth Systems using numerical, statistical, and computational approaches that integrate environmental datasets across spatial and temporal scales. The ideal candidate should also be able to conduct research that applies Earth System data to address problems important to society including, but not limited to, those related to climate, agriculture, water, energy and public health.
- BSc/MSc in Geo-informatics or Electrical & Computer Engineering or a similar subject
- experience in analyzing satellite images and building machine learning models.
- knowledge of Earth Observation platforms, products and applications
- experience in establishing pre- and post-processing workflows of Earth Observation and geospatial data
- fluency in Python (NumPy, Pandas, scikit-learn, Gdal, OpenCV, Rasterio, etc.)
- fluency in spoken and written English
What makes you stand out:
- PhD in geography, earth sciences, atmospheric science, engineering, computer science, mathematics, quantitative theory, or a related field with potential experience on remote sensing and/or geospatial analysis
- experience in the fields of big data analytics and AI applied to Earth Observation; e.g., analyzing climate data and building deep learning models
- experience in solving optimization problems for in-situ data collection
- experience in the analysis of hyperspectral imagery
- experience in the use of Open Data Cubes, PostgreSQL/PostGIS
- experience in using TensorFlow or other machine learning libraries
- experience with data fusion or data assimilation including in-situ and citizen science observations.
The I-SENSE group offers a great work environment and career development opportunities in applied research unlocking the potential for an international career. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in an interdisciplinary group while cooperating with major research/academic institutions and well-known companies in Europe and beyond. The position offers:
- competitive salary
- continuous learning (with the most modern methods)
- interesting and challenging work within large-scale projects
- international dynamic, fast-paced working environment
- opportunity to work in a diverse, friendly, and creative environment with talented colleagues
- a clear path of progression, tailored to your talents and ambitions
- opportunities to travel abroad
The CV and application must be submitted via email at: email@example.com
For more information, please call at +30-210-7723865