The Institute of Communication and Computer Systems (ICCS) is ranked in the top list of European Research Institutes being very active in a number of Scientific and Research Areas, focusing amongst other on the research and development in the areas of beyond 5G/6G, Edge Computing and/or (distributed) AI/ML. I-SENSE. is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the best associates by offering an inspiring and inclusive workplace, in which talent and hard work are truly recognized, developed and rewarded.
You will be a Scientific Project Manager/ Research Associate and support the entire lifecycle of research & innovation projects, from the proposal preparation to the development and demonstration phases. You will contribute to the activities of the Intelligent Networks & Service Team, in the aforementioned research and innovation areas. Example research topics include Predictive QoS, Federated Learning management & orchestration (M&O) support for both vertical and native network service intelligence, Extreme Edge Computing, Vertical-Network interaction, etc. The team presents particular experience in several vertical domains including the Automotive, Smart Ports & Logistics, etc. As part of your innovation-oriented role, you will be given the opportunity to further research new and emerging technologies in the above broader (or other) areas, as well as technology trends beyond the state of the art.
Day to Day:
- Support coordination/management activities for EC-funded and national R&I Projects.
- Extract and Consolidate System Requirements.
- Contribute to the architectural and/or algorithmic design of novel technological solutions.
- Drive validation/evaluation activities.
- Reporting on both technical and management level on the projects on the level of deliverables, technical and management reports.
- Contribute to high quality journal, magazine and conference publications.
- MSc degree in Electrical Engineering or / Computer Science.
- Documented research/innovation experience in one of the aforementioned areas (or related ones).
- Having participated in the implementation and/or proposal writing of Horizon 2020 / Horizon Europe research projects.
- Fluent oral and writing English skills.
What makes you stand out?
- PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or / Computer Science.
- At least 2 years of experience with designing, managing, and/or implementing solutions in any of the three specified areas: (i) (Beyond) 5G networks, with an emphasis on management and orchestration aspects (MANO), (ii) Edge Computing, and (iii) Federated Learning.
- Previous experience with any of the following platforms and tools (or similar ones): ETSI Open Source MANO (OSM), ONAP, Kubernetes, OpenStack, Eclipse Fog05, KubeEdge, K3S, KubeFlow, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Horovod.
- Demonstratable experience/familiarity with relative standardization activities i.e., 3GPP, ETSI NFV/MANO, MEC, ZSM, ENI.
The I-SENSE group offers a great career environment in applied research opening the employers’ horizon to an international career. The employee would have the opportunity to work in an inter-disciplinary group while cooperating with major research/academic institutions and well-known companies in Europe and beyond. The positions offer:
- Competitive salary
- Continuous learning (with the most modern methods)
- Interesting and challenging work within large-scale projects
- International dynamic, fast-paced working environment
- Opportunity to work in a diverse, friendly, and creative environment with talented colleagues.
- A clear path of progression, tailored to your talents and ambitions.
- Opportunities to travel abroad.
The CV and application must be submitted via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please call at +30-210-7723865