The Institute of Communication and Computer Systems (ICCS) is ranked in the top list of European Research Institutes being very active in several Scientific and Research Areas, focusing amongst other in the field of civil security for society, developing innovative solutions for crisis and disaster management, public safety, critical infrastructure protection and cybersecurity. I-SENSE is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the best associates by offering an inspiring and inclusive workplace, in which talent and hard work are truly recognized, developed and rewarded.
As an Computer Vision, AI/ML Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing image processing and AI/ML pipelines and applications to address a wide range of challenging and interesting problems including but not limited to: object detection and classification, tracking, face identification, emotion detection and visual odometry. You will collaborate with a diverse team of researchers, engineers and experts towards developing solutions to the aforementioned problems into real world, state-of-the-art systems to be demonstrated mainly in EU funded R&D projects. This role offers an exciting opportunity to combine creativity, technical expertise, and a passion for turning research results into working systems.
- Train, fine-tune, and evaluate deep learning models to address a wide range of computer vision problems.
- Develop state of the art ML models into applications to be deployed on embedded platforms (NVIDIA Jetson family of SoCs) or servers.
- Participate in system demonstrations and tests.
- Contribute to technical writing, prepare reports and presentations.
- University Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field. Background in software engineering is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (PyTorch, Keras), OpenCV and gstreamer framework.
- Experience with programming languages, including but not limited to Python, bash scripting.
- Familiarity with the Linux operating system. Experience with L4T will be considered a plus.
- Experience with git and docker containers.
- Previous experience in EU funded R&D projects will be considered a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of English (oral & written).
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively to overcome design challenges.
- Effective communication skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams and convey technical concepts
The I-SENSE group offers a great career environment in applied research opening the employers’ horizon to an international career. The employee would have the opportunity to work in an inter-disciplinary group while cooperating with major research/academic institutions and well-known companies in Europe and beyond. The positions offer:
- Competitive salary
- Continuous learning
- Interesting and challenging work within large-scale projects
- International dynamic, fast-paced working environment
- Opportunity to work in a diverse, friendly, and creative environment with talented colleagues.
- A clear path of progression, tailored to your talents and ambitions.
- Opportunities to travel abroad.
The CV must be submitted via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please call at +30-210-7723865