The Disaster Resilience Innovation Cluster – Defkalion (DRIC Defkalion)
The Disaster Resilience Innovation Cluster – Defkalion (DRIC Defkalion) titled “Innovative Partnership for the Protection and Safety of Environmental Risks” aims to tackle climate change impacts by taking adaptation measures to mitigate its effects.
Many companies today, recognizing the environmental aspects of their activities, invest in resources necessary for the adoption and implementation of an efficient Environmental Management System. At the same time, they are integrating modern technological innovations, aiming to continuously improve their environmental performance and reduce their operating costs. In this light, the Disaster Resilience Innovation Cluster DRIC Defkalionseeks to create a favorable environment for the presentation and promotion of private and public sector initiatives that promote such technological innovations in the market and solutions related with early warning of climatic hazards and disaster risk management.
The primary purpose DRIC Defkalion is to bring together businesses, scientific research organisations and technology companies focused on developing products, systems and services for the management and response to natural disasters, environmental crises and emergencies in the field of civil protection in the Environment & Sustainable Development – Climate Change sector. Through this cluster of forces, know-how and experience it will be possible to successfully produce and introduce new products / services to the market, as well as intermediate research results, such as product prototypes, patents and intellectual property in general (IPR).
The sub-objectives of the Disaster Resilience Innovation Cluster DRIC Defkalion are:
- Contribute to policy making and funding of research and innovation
- Create a Network with other collaborative organisations and well-known entrepreneurship and innovation programs, as well as expansion of DRIC Defkalion
- Establishment of education and training mechanisms to improve the experience of the companies involved. Creating knowledge through state-of-the-art practices and training with collaborating research and scientific bodies. Simultaneous development of human resources
- Access to a network of partners and renowned entrepreneurs. Assist in research funding and promote entrepreneurship through business interconnection and development of funding tools
- Transfer of know-how between young entrepreneurs and high profile companies in the industry for the development and acceleration of innovation. Promoting a collaborative environment that provides stability, support and security
- Gathering of knowledge and technology innovation resources
- Development of new products or services in the markets. Development of results and services and their utilisation
- Commercial development
- Enhanced collaboration between the members of the DRIC Defkalion
- Gathering a critical mass of members to create economies of scale
- Improvement of the industry, in order to be a determining tool for a sustainable development course