The Institute of Communication and Computer Systems (ICCS) is ranked in the top list of European Research Institutes being very active in several Scientific and Research Areas, focusing amongst other on the research and development in the field of Digital Solutions for Circular Economy and Tracing applications. I-SENSE is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the best associates by offering an inspiring and inclusive workplace, in which talent and hard work are truly recognized, developed and rewarded.
You will be a Team Leader of an evolving team of multi background engineers doing applied research in the area of digital tools for Circular Economy and Tracing. The team leads and participates in multiple EU funded projects (e.g. Horizon Europe). You will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the team spanning to the whole project lifecycle and in parallel you will also be required to lead the team in new and emerging technologies in the field as well as technology trends beyond the state of the art.
Day to Day:
- Have an overview and support the team (10 members) in coordination/management activities for EC-funded and national R&I Projects.
- Have an overview and support the team in everyday activities: Extract Business Requirements, Consolidate System Requirements, Architectural design, Software development and Equipment Purchasing.
- Lead the activities of the team in Research & Development of sensing and control solutions including sensors integration, cyber physical systems, Machine Learning models, traceability including distributed ledger architectures, and digital twins.
- Reporting on both technical and management level on the projects on the level of deliverables, technical and management reports.
- Collaborate with the Technical Leader of the team and define the development plan and research priorities.
- Lead the business development of the team and coordinate the efforts for new proposals and tenders.
- BSc/MSc degree in Electrical & Computer Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or similar degree.
- 7+ years of experience with designing, managing, or implementing projects related to digital solutions for Circular Economy.
- Knowledge of technology trends in sensing, tracing, machine vision, cyber-physical systems design, digital twins and/or Digital Product Passports .
- Knowledge of European Trends in the area of Circular Economy and Sustainability
- Fluent oral and writing English skills.
What makes you stand out:
- PhD in AI, Robotics, or any related topic
- Proven experience in a leadership role within the area of Circular Economy
- Having managed team(s) of multiple engineers with high scientific background
- Having participated in the proposal writing and/or implementation of Horizon research projects
The I-SENSE group offers a great career environment in applied research opening the employers’ horizon to an international career. The employee would have the opportunity to work in an inter-disciplinary group while cooperating with major research/academic institutions and well-known companies in Europe and beyond. The positions offer:
- Competitive salary
- Continuous learning (with the most modern methods)
- Interesting and challenging work within large-scale projects
- International dynamic, fast-paced working environment
- Opportunity to work in a diverse, friendly, and creative environment with talented colleagues.
- A clear path of progression, tailored to your talents and ambitions.
- Opportunities to travel abroad.
The CV must be submitted via email at: email@example.com
For more information, please call at +30-210-7723865