About us: The Institute of Communication and Computer Systems (ICCS) is ranked in the top list of European Research Institutes being very active in a number of Scientific and Research Areas, focusing amongst other on the research and development in the field of Wireless Communications, Data Link Protocols and RF engineering. I-SENSE is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the best associates by offering an inspiring and inclusive workplace, in which talent and hard work are truly recognized, developed and rewarded.
Your role: You will be a Scientific Project Manager/ Research Associate and support the entire project lifecycle from the proposal preparation to the development and demonstration phases, primarily in the field of data link protocols, wireless network design, RF propagation and antenna systems, security and standards, air-to-ground and satellite communications, telecommunication systems, coverage and capacity planning. You will also be required to research new and emerging technologies in the field as well as technology trends beyond the state of the art.
Day to Day:
- Support coordination/management activities for EC-funded and national R&I Projects.
- Extract Business Requirements, Consolidate System Requirements, Contribute to the architectural design and testing phases.
- Research, Design and Contribute to the implementation of wireless networks and communication links, RF propagation and antenna studies, radars, and telecommunication solutions in various application domains such as crisis and disaster management, mission critical and tactical communications
- Reporting on both technical and management level on the projects on the level of deliverables, technical and management reports.
- BSc/MSc degree in Electrical & Computer Engineering, Physics, Digital Processing, RF Engineering, Wireles Communications or similar degree.
- 2 years of experience with designing, managing, and implementing wireless networks and telecommunication solutions
- Good understanding in RF propagation and antenna systems including indoor propagation and propagation in harsh environments
- Good understanding in data link protocols, security and standards
- Good understanding in wireless communications solutions for UxVs applications and robotics.
- Good understanding knowledge of radar technologies
- Fluent oral and writing English skills
- Previous experience in European Research projects and Funding Frameworks
What makes you stand out:
- PhD in RF Engineering, Wireless Communications or similar
- Previous working experience in the research and design of wireless communication solutions, RF propagation and antenna design, data link protocols
- Having participated in the proposal writing and/or implementation of FP7, H2020, National research projects
The I-SENSE group offers a great career environment in applied research opening the employers’ horizon to an international career. The employee would have the opportunity to work in an inter-disciplinary group while cooperating with major research/academic institutions and well-known companies in Europe and beyond. The positions offer:
- Competitive salary
- Continuous learning (with the most modern methods)
- Interesting and challenging work within large-scale projects
- International dynamic, fast-paced working environment
- Opportunity to work in a diverse, friendly, and creative environment with talented colleagues
- A clear path of progression, tailored to your talents and ambitions
- Opportunities to travel abroad
The CV and application must be submitted by 20 October 2021 via email.
For more information, please call at +30-210-7723865